Hours of Operation
Due to the Assessor’s need to be out doing field work, it is advisable to call to confirm the Assessor will be available to meet with you.
Welcome to Your Assessor's Office!
The primary function of the Assessor's Office is to prepare the Grand List each year for the purpose of tax collection to fund the needs of the Town's General Government and Education budgets.
The Grand List is comprised of three parts: Real Estate, Personal Property and Motor Vehicles. The Assessor's Office must discover, list and value all taxable and nontaxable property located within the Town of Pomfret in accordance with Connecticut General Statutes. This office is also responsible for administering exemption programs for the elderly, blind, disabled persons and veterans.
The Assessor’s hours are Monday and Tuesday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Wednesday 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Due to the Assessor’s need to be out doing field work, it is advisable to call to confirm the Assessor will be available to meet with you. Assessment data is available to the public during regular town hall hours on the public access computer and print outs as well as on line. Click Here to visit the website
Citizen feedback is welcome, please click here to send us your comment.
|Bonnie J. Duncan||Assessor||(860) 974-1674|
- Assessment Data Vision Appraisal
- Assessors Notice to Taxpayers
- Board of Assessment Appeals
- GIS Maps NECCOG
- Mill Rate History (Current Combined Mill Rate: 26.43)
- PA490 Farm, Forest & Open Space
- Renter's Rebate Program
- Revaluation Questions & Answers
- Sales Summary
- Supplemental Motor Vehicle Tax Bill
- Tax Exemptions & Programs
- Top 10 Taxpayers
- Vacant Land Sales Summary
Frequently Asked Questions
- What if I receive a tax bill for a vehicle I no longer own or have registered in another state?
- Are there any tax relief programs for senior citizens or for people on social security disability?
- Could I be eligible for any exemptions?
- What if I feel my property assessment is not accurate?
- What if I no longer live in Pomfret, but still live in Connecticut and I receive a motor vehicle tax bill from Pomfret?